Falz Narrates How Boko Haram Almost K!lled Him But For His Prayer In Jesus Name

Popular Nigerian singer and advocate for good governance, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz has shared his near-death experience in the hands of suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

Falz alongside with his managers, Femisoro Ajayi and Sidney Sule while being interviewed by Gbemi O narrated that in 2013, during his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), he was to perform at a wedding ceremony in Abuja. According to him, while returning from Abuja by road, he as well as his managers was attacked by suspected Boko Haram terrorists. He said the driver of their vehicle was hit by a bullet and died in consequence.

Thereafter, the vehicle skidded off the road into a forest while himself and his managers became unconscious.

In his words: “It was after NYSC and this was me working in my dad’s firm as a lawyer in 2013,” he said.

“Then we got a call to come to Abuja for a show. The payment was N1 million and logistics will be taken care of. It was a wedding, so we took the trip.

“There was no flight from Abuja to Lagos. So we hired a car from Abuja to Benin. I led a solid prayer and it was probably what ended up saving us.

“It was broad daylight and we started the trip around 2 pm. We fell asleep during the trip.

“Then we just heard a loud bang. We woke up to see these turban-tying, AK47-wielding, dangerous-looking men in the middle of the expressway.

“The bang we heard was a gunshot they had shot at the car. They shot at our car again and the bullet came flying in between everyone. Everything happened so fast.

“They shot at us again and the bullet hit the driver in the eye. The driver died instantly. The car started moving. It was wild. I remember seeing the car heading for a ditch and just thinking this is it.

“Then we passed out. I was the first to come around. I got out of the car and saw one of the men asking ‘Where is the money?’ I told him there was no money. He goes to the car looking for cash.

“We had left Abuja but we hadn’t gotten to Lokoja. It was all forest. It was the peak of Boko Haram and we were somewhere in the north.

“We started to hear sirens from far away. The police did not come near. At this point, they increased fire and started shooting. They later moved away from us and retreated.

“We tried to stop cars on the expressway, but not a single soul stopped. A police guy eventually came and another guy said he was a doctor.”



You may also like...